NFPA/FSFAPA Educational Conference
Oceans of Change – Waves of Opportunity
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 National Foster Parent Association (NFPA) Annual Education Conference to be held in partnership with the Florida State Foster/Adoptive Parent Association. The conference will be held June 28 – July 1, 2018, at the Caribe Royale Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando, Florida. We look forward to receiving your innovative proposals and value your participation in our amazing annual conference.
Deadline for Proposals
All proposals must be submitted electronically by December 8, 2017, using the online form.
We encourage proposals that relate to the conference theme while being useful for our conference participants: typically foster, kinship, and adoptive families, and child welfare and mental health professionals. Strategies for advocacy, both legislative and family focused, are welcome.
- Relevance to the conference theme, special populations, organizations, and individuals in/outside the formal child welfare system.
- Engaging format, including the use of handouts, interactive presentations, and discussions, hands-on learning opportunities.
- Ability to be replicated and adapted by participants within their families, communities, associations, and practice areas.
- Explanation of procedure and tools for implementation.
- Relevance to foster, adoptive, and kinship families and agency professionals.
- All workshops are 90 minutes in length. The selected presenters must agree in writing to provide an electronic copy of any handout materials for possible publication/posting post-conference on the NFPA website and to provide paper copies of handouts in a quantity sufficient for their workshop participants.
- All presenters and any co-presenters must register for the conference. Presenters and co-presenters must pay their own expenses including conference registration. Conference registration is reduced to $150 for presenters and co-presenters who want to attend other workshops and conference events including any meals. Presenters and co-presenters who attend only their own workshop can register at no cost.
Please Note: NFPA will not provide projectors or laptops for any workshops. Presenters must bring this equipment with them if it is required for their presentation. This includes any cords or adapters needed to operate your equipment. NFPA does not pay for any presentations nor does NFPA provide any lodging cost assistance for presenters.
If you have any questions about the conference or would like clarification on the information above, please contact us by email.
Thank you for your interest in our 2018 annual conference
See you in Orlando!