National Foster Parent Association &
National Kinship Alliance for Children
2016 National Convention
Better Together: Collaborating for Kids!
Wed, June 22 – Sat, June 25
Flamingo Hotel & Casino
Las Vegas, NV
Inviting all foster, kinship and adoptive families, as well as child welfare professionals to join us for the national gathering!
|Important dates to remember!
Why would I go?
- Because you are a great foster, adoptive or kinship parent – and you still want to learn more!
- You need annual training hours – we offer up to 20 hrs
- You want to learn the latest tricks, tips and tools
- Special focus on foster and kinship communities working together
- Registration rates as low as $175 – but register by May 15 to save $25
- Great room rates at the Flamingo – in the heart of the Vegas strip
- Learning, relaxing, and fun – a smart get away
- 3-1/2 days of quality presentations and workshops
- Meet and socialize with foster, kinship, and adoptive parents for across the US
- Check out the exhibitor tables
- Up to 20 training hours for resource parent certification
- Evenings are free to relax by the pool or enjoy a Las Vegas show
Some of the topics include…
- Why Hurt Children Misbehave and 3 Ways to Begin Healing
- Model Foster Home Licensing Standards
- Becoming a Regulated Parent, Creating Sanctuary amid the Chaos
- Quality Parenting Initiative (QPI) Panel
- Strategies for Parenting Teens through the Difficult Years
- … and 50+ additional presentation and workshop topics!
Don’t forget to share/print/forward this email to your friends, child welfare workers and agency. Bring a friend!